- Description: Design a personal or business stationery system
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills): I used Adobe Illustrator to design my graphic elements using the pen and shapes tools. I decided after I created the cupcakes (one for each sister) that I really liked the cherry. The cherry then became my point of interest and I tried to include it in each of my designs. I did have to modify it a bit on the letter head. When I left it as just a circle, it looked like a bomb! I then pulled the graphic elements into InDesign and added the text and lines. I learned that in InDesign you can convert points so that you can get a rounded line. I found InDesign a bit hard to work with until I figured out that the images that you place have two different bounding boxes. Throughout the process I constantly kept the FOCUS principles in mind and tried to incorporate elements of contrast (the red cherry), alignment(of text and graphic elements), and hierarchy(grouping similar elements) to improve my design.
- Message: The message the I was trying to convey was to advertise for a yummy and fun bakery.
- Audience: Any one who is interested in baked goods.
- Top Thing Learned: I learned to use InDesign to layout my design incorporating graphic and text elements.
- Color scheme and color names: triadic blue, gold, and red
- Title Font Name & Category: Lucinda Handwriting – decorative
- Copy Font Name & Category: Legacy – sans-serif