- Description: Project to showcase masking abilities by making a montage of two or more pictures.
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills, Steps taken while designing): I first decided on a quote that I thought was special. I then began to think about what types of pictures I might find that related to that quote. I searched on Google for rain clouds, people in the rain, and umbrellas using the search filters that I learned in class. Once I had some pictures to look at I decided on my color scheme and message and that narrowed down the photos considerably. My challenges for this assignment was the large quote that I had chosen and the difference between what I saw on the screen and what actually printed out. I found that the colors were quite washed out when I printed for the first time. As for the quote, I was able to consolidate it a bit and I found that by asking myself what I really wanted a person to see when scanning it I was able to determine hierarchy.
- Message: The message of this piece is the quote. Basically, if you want the blessings that Heavenly Father is always giving, you must be able to receive them by obeying the commandments.
- Audience: All people who want to know how to receive blessings.
- Top Thing Learned: How to use masks without fear. How to copy a layer.
- Filter / Colorization used and where it was applied: A filter was applied to the umbrella to add a texture to it. Without the texture the umbrella, which is a picture of an actual umbrella, looked fake or cartoonish.
- Color scheme and color names: Complementary Teal and Brick
- Title Font Name & Category: Adobe Garamond Pro Bold, Serif
- Copy Font Name & Category: Franklin Gothic Book, Sans Serif
- Thumbnails of Images used:
11. Sources (Links to images on original websites / with title of site):
Main in rain www.pixgood.com
Rain Clouds www.harrymoroz.com