Front of brochure
Inside of brochure
Back of brochure
Folded inside flap
- Description: Brochure for a fictional mountain biking company
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills): I used InDesign to arrange all the pictures and text boxes and, to create heirarchy in the text, I used paragraph styles for my header and subheaders. I also used guides to ensure that my brochure could fold in the correct places and for placement of all elements. I used Illustrator to create my logo. In Photoshop I used the magnetic lasso tool to capture the image of the bike and rider that I wanted to use for a text wrap. I then took the selection, refined the edge and applied a filter that gave a rough edge. I then printed using my color printer and used a metal ruler, and X-acto knife to cut off to the bleed edge.
- Message: The message of this brochure was partly educational – it gave the benefits of mountain biking, and partially advertisement – it advertised Mountain Top Bicycles and services.
- Audience: Bicycling enthusiasts and those interested in mountain biking.
- Top Thing Learned: I learned how to use text wrap in InDesign.
- Color scheme and color names: Monocromatic Orange
- Title Font Name & Category: Palatino Linotype – Serif font
- Copy Font Name & Category: Trebuchet MS – Sans Serif
- Word Count of copy: 256
- Thumbnails of Images used:
- Sources (Links to images on original websites)